Paymentwall is the San Francisco-based global leader in online payments. Paymentwall's all-in-one solution can meet the specific needs of every business, allowing them to accept over 140 local payment methods from more than 200 countries and territories. The company employs professionals of 25 different nationalities in 16 offices, namely San Francisco, Amsterdam, Berlin, Kiev, Manila, Beijing, Lisbon, Moscow, Sofia, Poznań, Phoenix, Istanbul, Novosibirsk, London, Seoul and Hanoi.
As a Compliance Analyst in our Sofia office you will have the opportunity to drive the growth of Paymentwall and effectively manage risks to the organization. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects related to the Paymentwall’s compliance program. In this role, you will be instrumental in ensuring business and regulations are being followed and are upheld.
The ideal candidate is someone sharp minded, proactive, highly motivated and a self starter who has international exposure and is a real team player with positive attitude.
- Perform background checks of potential merchants with internal compliance tools and external resources to assess merchants compliance with terms of service
- Proactively contribute to adding new compliance procedures to continually improve internal guidelines to comply with new laws and regulations
- Identify and measure each merchant's risk including following AML guidelines, understanding the risks with any new merchant and helping develop policies, procedures to prevent and address possible risks
- Effectively communicate with compliance team about possible issues they see arise from different merchants
- Perform a full KYC and Sanctions check for each merchant
- Ability to identify the potential of money laundering and illegal financing risks associated with different products, services, customers and entities
- Ensure each company meets and continually follows KYC requirements in the location of the company’s location and where services are provided
- Monitor industry developments and maintain knowledge of new and amended laws and regulations that may impact operations
- Bachelor in related discipline and compliance experience is a plus
- Excellent English language, oral and written (C1/Advanced)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience in the payments industry strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of internal and external compliance related rules, regulations and policies related to the payments industry
- Experience reviewing contracts, permits, licences and international law
- Ability to collaborate, exchange information and gain mutual support
- Knowledge of MySQL is a plus
- Goal oriented person able to go above and beyond the requirements
- Fast learner able to work independently as well as in a team in a high speed environment
- Deep interest in the payments industry as well as gaming, dating and Internet startups
- Proactive personality willing to contribute to the success of Paymentwall
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Financial stability
- Individual career path
- Paid vacation
- Comfortable workplaces with the most up-to-date equipment
- High energy, international and innovative team
- Annual assessment
- Corporate and social events
Candidates should be available full-time and be able to start as soon as possible. If you're interested and fulfill all the requirements please apply by sending your CV in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.