We are looking for a high quality, ambitious candidate to assist with operations of a fast-paced, global minded start-up. The ideal operations assistant is a bright, friendly, organized individual with a passion for internet start-ups. As operations assistant at paymentwall, you will assist with the development of core processes that will improve productivity and efficiency of the company across its international offices. Paymentwall is looking for candidates who are available work full-time and can start as soon as possible.
- Assist with the development of core processes and tools that will improve productivity and efficiency, and help set up these processes in our international offices.
- Work with the team in planning and scheduling events, coordinating meetings, arranging agendas, and managing projects.
- Research needed permits, rentals, assignments, etc. Support on all events, including logistics, working closely across departments.
- Coordinate detailed travel plans, both nationally and internationally (booking flights/hotels/car rentals).
- Maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies, including managing costco orders to replenish supplies and snacks for the office.
- Manage ups, usps and fedex shipments, and distributing incoming mail.
- Maintain office appearance and ensure office is clean and tidy.
- Scan and file documents and invoices.
- Handle ad hoc duties around the office and respond to team needs during off-hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, hr, sales, business, journalism, english, marketing, media communications, advertising and similar areas preferred.
- At least one year experience working in the tech industry or similar internship experience during college.
- Experience making independent, complex decisions and have the ability to thrive in a complex environment.
- Experience in planning events and meetings, including experience with trade shows / conventions.
- Experience with international and domestic shipments for large and small volumes.
- Must be handy to assist with ad hoc duties to help take paymentwall to the next level.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize duties effectively, and demonstrate flexibility to meet the various administrative and clerical needs.
- Ability to predict outcomes and plan for it as well as anticipating problems/obstacles with the intent to find possible resolutions.
- Ability to work with a cross-functional and extremely diverse team.
- Familiarity with the ins and outs of a startup environment and the tech industry.
- Advanced knowledge preferred with the following: microsoft word, excel, powerpoint, and apple products.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run.
Who Should Apply:
- Proactive, goal oriented individuals who take pride in their accomplishments, time management, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Self starters who have a great attention to detail and a willingness to learn new subjects.
- Super connectors who live on facebook, linkedin, twitter, meetup, youtube, and other social media outlets.
- Entrepreneurial types who have a curious and commercial mindset.
- Those who are upbeat, friendly, and positive, with the ability to effectively interact with all levels and departments throughout the organization.
- Those interested in the dating, gaming, digital, tech or payments industries and love the adrenaline of the startup community and its culture.
- Those who do not mind working hard and see the opportunity to be beyond that of a 9-to-5 job.
- Those who are flexible to work with our global offices in different time zones.
- Those who are well traveled with an understanding of different cultures around the world, who are always hungry to learn more.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org include in the subject line of your email:SF - Operations Assistant.