As Corporate Counsel at Paymentwall, you will have the unique opportunity to work on many exciting legal issues to assist Paymentwall with its global expansion and product development. We are looking for a passionate and professional team player who will be able to work with different cultures from all over the world and learn how to work in a wide range of practice areas.
The position is based in San Francisco, where you will join a multicultural team in an awesome workspace.
Paymentwall is looking for candidates who have immediate availability.
- Review, draft, and manage service agreements and other contracts to protect the interests of Paymentwall.
- Respond promptly to requests from the business development, operations, finance, marketing, and other Paymentwall departments.
- Summarize and communicate risks, legal concepts, company policies, and procedures in a way that business people can use.
- Collaborate with the business development, marketing, finance and support departments to understand team goals and determine legal needs.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard agreements and legal processes.
- Communicate effectively in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment.
- Monitor regulations and new legal requirements.
- J.D. Degree
- At least 2 years of experience with corporate law, contracts, business development, e-commerce, or payment systems in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions.
- Experience drafting and negotiating services agreements, licenses and intellectual property agreements.
- Knowledge and appreciation of relevant payment and financial legal issues.
- Superior English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Who Should Apply
- Proactive, goal-oriented individuals who take pride in what they do.
- Those who are passionate about innovation and love the startup community and its culture.
- Super connectors who live on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Meetup and other social media outlets.
- Those who are interested in the gaming, dating, digital, finance or tech industries.
- Those who work hard and see the opportunity to be beyond that of a 9 to 5 job.
- Those who are able to communicate and work with different time zones around the world.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for self-improvement
- Convenient office location in the city center
- High energy, international and innovative team
- Annual assessment
- Optional business trips
- Corporate and social events