Are you a foodie and open to cooking for different nationalities? How about someone who wants cook AND enjoy weekends/late nights off? Well then welcome to the wonderful life of a Startup Chef. Cooking here will give you the opportunity to use your creativity to create amazing meals for some of today's brightest minds. This is a position that will require you to do the ingredient shopping as well as prepare meals for our diverse team on Monday-Fridays.
We are a fun hard working group that enjoys a good simple meal that is prepared by an easy going chef. Meals should be well balanced with salad, veggies, entrees and other side dishes to ensure we have a complete meal.
- Training and Education in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management or equivalent.
- Ability to prepare a variety of delicious, but cost efficient meals for roughly 15 people Monday-Friday.
- Ability to communicate effectively about your schedule and kitchen needs.
- A positive attitude and commitment to providing healthy and nutritious meals as well as offer a range of choices including to those with specific dietary requirements.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations, special diets and nutrition and menu planning
- Ability to work on own initiative and supervise the company helper.
- Ability to work as part of a team and promote harmonious relationships.
- Undertake menu planning in consultation with Office Manager and employees.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation and cooking and serving of main meals, snacks, etc. in accordance with approved menus.
- Ensure menus are displayed showing choices.
- Check quantity and quality of stock and make recommendations to Office Manager to replenish supplies.
- Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account diets to meet medical, ethnic and personal needs.
- Oversee the company helper in washing and cleaning of kitchen, utensils, work surfaces and other kitchen equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained in the kitchen and dining room as appropriate.
- Maintain a well groomed appearance.
- Ability to safely lift, balance and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to undertake such other duties as may be determined from time to time withinthe general scope of the post and to be aware that social activities connected with the company.
HOW TO APPLY
If you see yourself in the description above please send your CV (resume) and the cover letter to email@example.com now