Business Development Manager
For our new office in the heart of Amsterdam, Paymentwall is looking to hire an experienced Business Development Manager to be part of our expanding sales team in Europe. The purpose of this role is to increase Paymentwall’s presence in the Dutch and European market by creating new partnerships with clients operating in digital content and web services space, reaching and surpassing sales targets, generating revenue and contributing to our rapid growth in various global markets. As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals, building strong customer relationships, recruiting, monitoring and training new sales employees, defining and establishing long-term team goals and strategies for you and the company.
- Develop new business, through actively identifying prospective businesses and understanding their business model and needs for specific monetization services.
- Leverage your working relationships that turn into revenue, both for the client and Paymentwall.
- Actively and successfully managing the sales process: from lead generation and pitching new clients; negotiations; getting agreements signed; and then handover the deal to the account management team.
- Present Paymentwall to potential clients through direct communication, face-to-face meetings, networking events, speaking roles and e-mails.
- Represent Paymentwall at industry events and tradeshows with the intention of gaining new business leads and contacts along with teaching other industry professionals about Paymentwall’s product and service offerings.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation with the assistance of Senior Business Development Associates.
- Effectively interact with other departments including, but not limited to; technical integration, marketing and account management teams when necessary.
- Lead the Sales team by recruiting, training, managing and monitoring performance and results of the multi cultural Regional Sales Teams
- Coach and share knowledge about their past sales experience in the industry, the correct business etiquette and follow up procedures with Junior Business Development.
- Set sale quotas and long-term team goals for the business development team to follow.
- Stay up to date on market trends and issues affecting the payments industry by staying up to date on global payment news along with new companies that may need payment processing.
- Partake in adhoc marketing activities in order to increase Paymentwall's visibility in current and expanding markets.
- Take initiative and strive to make a noticeable contribution to the company.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- 4+ years of Business Development experience preferable within the online payments industry.
- 2+ years of managing and coaching multicultural sales team successfully.
- Proven track record of being able to successfully complete a full sales cycle.
- You are confident, fun, friendly and most importantly business savvy understanding different business models and business needs.
- Ability to have serious conversations around technical subjects.
- Experience in the payments or SaaS industry highly preferred.
- Have excellent business etiquette and follow up procedures.
- Detail oriented, positive attitude and the ability to prioritize tasks to fit deadlines.
- Have excellent intercultural competences and experience working in diverse teams.
- Ability to work with cross-functional and extremely diverse teams to drive results.
- University bachelor or above is required
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Proactive, goal-oriented individuals and self starter who take pride in what they do.
- Entrepreneurial and curious with a commercial mindset.
- Super connectors who live on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and other social media outlets.
- Must have interest in the Tech and Payments industry and love the adrenaline of the startup culture and community in Amsterdam and world wide.
- Those looking to work hard and see the opportunity to be beyond that of a 9 to 5 job
- Those with a travel experience and understanding of cultural differences around the world.
- Candidates should be available full-time and able to start as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have any questions about this position, please contact our Recruiting team at email@example.com include: Question - Business Development Manager - Amsterdam in the subject line of your email.apply now